Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Vast and Brutal Sea by Zoraida Córdova Review

Name: The Vast and Brutal Sea (The Vicious Deep #3)
Author: Zoraida Córdova
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: July 1st, 2014
Format: E-Book ARC
336 pages

Thank you so much Sourcebooks Fire for sending me a copy of this book to review!
Summary:
This epic clash of sand and sea will pit brother against brother-and there can only be one winner.

In two days, the race for the Sea Court throne will be over-but all the rules have changed. The sea witch, Nieve, has kidnapped Layla and is raising an army of mutant sea creatures to overthrow the crown. Kurt, the one person Tristan could depend on in the battle for the Sea King's throne, has betrayed him. 

Now Kurt wants the throne for himself. Tristan has the Scepter of the Earth, but it's not enough. He'll have to travel to the mysterious, lost Isle of Tears and unleash the magic that first created the king's powerful scepter. It's a brutal race to the finish, and there can only be one winner.

Goodreads



My Review:
What a fantastic ending to a phenomenal series! From the start, I have been a huge fan of both books in The Vicious Deep series and The Vast and Brutal Sea is a really great way to end this fun ride!

What I really liked about The Vast and Brutal Sea was the plot! It definitely was fast paced and it was nice seeing all of my favorite characters back together again. I also liked how Zoraida made everything so detailed and we got to meet new characters and see different places which was great as well. I also really (still) like that the book is from Tristian's perspective! I thought over time I would not like the book being voiced by a male character but I really liked it and I loved reading Tristian's funny banter.

What I also really loved about the The Vast and Brutal Sea was that it was action packed, but the novel also was able to tie up loose ends, and add some romance in too. I also liked seeing Tristian really step into the role of a leader. In the first two books, Tristian was more watching from the sidelines but in this one we really got to see him step up to the plate.

Overall, I really liked The Vast Brutal Sea and I'm sad to see the series end! Definitely a solid ending to a solid series. I'm hoping that there will be some sort of e-book novella in the future so I can read more about Tristian's adventures.

My Rating:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!