Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 119: After the End

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Name: After the End
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: May 6th, 2014
Add the book on Goodreads

She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.


World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.



At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.



When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.


Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past. Goodreads

My Thoughts:
I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Amy Plum, so I definitely want to read this book. I think it's really interesting to see how Juneau is able to discover that everything in her life was a lie, and how she is able to join the modern-day world. I will definitely be checking this book out in May :)

What are your thoughts? What are you waiting for this week? Let us know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to this book! it sounds great. Aussiebookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I have this one! I have not read it yet (it comes out all the way in May!!), but I am excited to read it! I loved Plum's Revenant series, so I cannot wait to dig into a new series. I hope you and I both love this one, Sarah!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! A friend loaned me their ARC and I thought it was a pretty interesting read! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a different cover than most I am seeing now, and I absolutely love it. The sky just looks so cool.

    This looks like an interesting series. Thanks for introducing me to it

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!