Saturday, December 1, 2012

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy # 4) by Jennifer Estep


Author: Jennifer Estep
Publisher:  Kensington
Release Date: December 24th, 2012
Format: Ebook
Buy the book on Amazon
384 pages
Thanks Netgalley and Kensington for giving me an ARC copy of this book!


Summary:
For a moment, a face flashed before my eyes—the most hideous face I’d ever seen. No matter how hard I tried to forget what had happened, I saw him everywhere I went. It was Loki—the evil god that I’d helped set free against my will.

I should have known that my first official date with Logan Quinn was destined to end in disaster. If we’d gotten into a swordfight, or been ambushed by Reapers, I’d have been more prepared. But getting arrested mid-sip at the local coffee hangout? I didn’t see that one coming.
I’ve been accused of purposely helping the Reapers free Loki from his prison—and the person leading the charge against me is Linus Quinn, Logan’s dad. The worst part is that pretty much everyone at Mythos Academy thinks I’m guilty. If I’m going to get out of this mess alive, I’ll have to do it myself…


Goodreads

My Review:
After reading all three of the Mythos Academy books..I've been hooked on this series since I started it last year! Crimson Frost is another awesome book to a great series, and I keep liking this series as I read more!
 

One of my favorite parts of this book was the plot!! Jennifer Estep does a really great job of weaving an amazing story..with new characters and lots of intrigue! I was on the edge of my seat reading this book..not knowing what would happen next. I really like how Jennifer is able to make aspects of the book, that don't seem important at all the reader, become SO important. Definitely make sure you pay close attention to every scene in this book! They will become very important later on. I really liked that this book was action packed and didn't spend a whole lot of time explaining different mythologies and details, and instead really showed what was going on. The action and fight scenes in this book were awesome!

I also really liked the progression of the main character Gwen! Of course she's still her sarcastic, determined self, but she really becomes a strong person. I really liked seeing her growth as a character and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!! I was a little bit sad to see Logan and Gwen spend less time together in this book, but the introduction to new characters were a really great addition to the series.


Overall, this was a great third book to a really enjoyable series!! After leaving us on a cliffhanger at the end of this book, I can't wait to see what's in store next!!


My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this series before but never actually got the chance to read the first book! I love books about mythology so I think I should start this series ASAP ;)

    Awesome review, Sarah ♥ So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, I started it last year or so and I immediately knew I had to have the whole series. It is one of my all time favorite books and she is an amazing author!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!