Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 64: Revel

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Name: Revel
Author: Maurissa Guibord
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers    
Release Date: February 13th, 2013
352 pages
Add the book on Goodreads

Summary:
There’s an island off the coast of Maine that’s not on any modern map.

Shrouded in mist and protected by a deadly reef, Trespass Island is home to a community of people who guard the island and its secrets from outsiders. Seventeen-year-old Delia grew up in Kansas, but has come here in search of her family and answers to her questions: Why didn’t her mother ever talk about Trespass Island? Why did she fear the open water? But Delia’s not welcome and soon finds herself enmeshed in a frightening and supernatural world where ancient Greek symbols adorn the buildings and secret ceremonies take place on the beach at night.

Sean Gunn, a handsome young lobsterman, befriends Delia and seems willing to risk his life to protect her. But it’s Jax, the coldly elusive young man she meets at the water’s edge, who finally makes Delia understand the real dangers of life on the island. Delia is going to have to fight to survive. Because there are monsters here. And no one ever leaves Trespass alive.

Goodreads

My Thoughts:
This book sounds AWESOME. I am really intrigued by the plot summary..and I like that it has a sense of mysteriousness to it as well! I am interested in learning about what goes on in this island and why nobody knows about it. Can't wait to read this one when it comes out!!

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. This one really does sound good! I also have it on my TBR. So excited to read about this mysterious island. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this DOES sound awesome!! I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing it!! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one, but WOW! The cover is gorgeous! Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds intersting. New one for me. My wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-34-and-www-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. First I've seen of Revel and it sound really good. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover on that book! Great pick!

    http://viewfromthehillbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-highlander-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!