Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 43: Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose # 1)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine!!

Name: Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose # 1)
Author:
Publisher: Philomel
Release Date: October 30th, 2012
Add the book on Goodreads

Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancĂ©, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape. When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancĂ©, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco? Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.-Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Okay so when I first saw the cover of this book I was blown away by how gorgeous it is!! I love the mask/the colors. The plot of Venom sounds awesome!! Very mysterious and I'm in the mood for a great historical read! I will definitely be checking this book out!!

 What are you waiting for this week?? Comment below and let me know :)

11 comments:

  1. I just love the cover for this one, it's so gorgeous! Also, the plot sounds so intriguing, I love historical books so I have high hopes for this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh~ This book sounds so good! I've never been a fan of historical fiction in the YA department but this makes me want to change my mind. :D

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm doing a post Venician style masks on covers on my Many Covers Monday thing, this is perfect! Just three more to go...

    ComaCalm's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Haven't heard of this one, but I love the cover! It's so beautiful with the mask!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover! it's so pretty. Looking forward to reading this! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh... Looks venomous too. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely one I am waiting on too! I was hooked from the synopsis and then once I saw the cover? Gorgeous! Can't wait! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squee! I can't wait to get my hands on this book as well. I randomly came across it on Goodreads and thought it sounded fabulous. Great pick!!

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great cover, looks like a great read.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover. I'll have to check it out. Great pick! It sounds really good.
    Em
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!