Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 39: Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous

Hi everyone!! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Name: Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous
Author: Kathryn Williams
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Release Date: August 21st, 2012
Add it on Goodreads

Can a spot on a teen reality show really lead to a scholarship at an elite cooking school AND a summer romance?

Sixteen-year-old Sophie Nicolaides was practically raised in the kitchen of her family’s Italian-Greek restaurant, Taverna Ristorante. When her best friend, Alex, tries to convince her to audition for a new reality show, Teen Test Kitchen, Sophie is reluctant. But the prize includes a full scholarship to one of America's finest culinary schools and a summer in Napa, California, not to mention fame.

Once on-set, Sophie immediately finds herself in the thick of the drama—including a secret burn book, cutthroat celebrity judges, and a very cute French chef. Sophie must figure out a way to survive all the heat and still stay true to herself. A terrific YA offering--fresh, fun, and sprinkled with romance.-Goodreads

My Thoughts
This book sounds like a really great contemporary read! I haven't really read any YA books about cooking so I am interested to see how the author adds that in!! The romance in this book also sounds really great! I can't wait to check this one out :)

Well..what do you think of my choice?? What are you waiting for this week?? Comment below and leave me some links!!

15 comments:

  1. A great WoW pick, this sounds like such a fun read.

    Thank-you for stopping by :)

    Sharon @ Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great one. I'm definitely going to have to read this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention I hadn't heard it before.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following me. I'm now following you.

    ~Danica Page
    <a href="http://danicapage. blogspot.com/> Taking It One Page at a Time</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love contemporary books and this one sounds really cute and fun. I also like the idea of cooking being involved in the book. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I am really excited for this one! It sounds good and I love the title! I have really gotten into contemporary lately and I haven't read any that involve cooking either.

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book before but wow, it sounds AWESOME! And what a cute cover! Definitely adding this to my TBR!

    Awesome pick, Sarah! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reasons it took forever this time to load, so all I saw was the URL and no content except a "loading"-bar and I was like "Pizza Love? Pizza. Love. I want this book. Whatever it is really about, whatever the genre is or the cover looks like. I need it." and now that I have seen the rest I'm even more convinced that I should buy it! Thank you so very much for sharing this one! <3

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never heard of this one. looks like a super cute, super fun read! great pick :)

    stop by my WoW pick.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this one sounds fabulous! I hadn't heard of it before, but it's definitely on my TBR now. Thanks!

    Mandi Kaye's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you, this one sounds great! Love big loud family based YA, like Ella's in The Fine Art of Truth or Dare, this looks like it might be similar. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I've added this to my goodreads TBR list.

    Here's my WoW!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this a lovely cover? I honestly love it! featured this one a couple of months ago on wow too! ;3 can't wait for it! Great pick!

    Please drop by @ my Waiting on Wednesday post here


    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like something I would totally enjoy. I love the hook around Alex trying to win a scholarship to a culinary school. I haven't heard of it before, so thanks for sharing!

    My WoW + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo it sounds adorable. I haven't heard a lot about it, but i'm looking forward to it. Great pick, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like such a cute book! Thanks for putting it on my radar - I've added it to my TBR list!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!