Monday, October 17, 2011

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

Name: Name of the Star
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: September 29th, 2011


The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon "Rippermania" takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.
-Goodreads

My Review:
What an AMAZING book! This is definitely one of the best books that I have read this year!!
The first thing that caught my eye about this book was the cover! It is very unique! The plot of this novel was very different and interesting! London is one my my favorite cities, so I loved reading about it! I also love to read about boarding schools so it was awesome to read about that as well.

This book kept me on the edge of me seat and I was constantly guessing what would happen next, only to be shocked. I love when books do this so this was awesome to see happen!
I also LOVED the romance in this novel! It wasn't too much, but it wasn't too little which I really enjoyed!
I also really liked the supernatural elements to this book! I don't want to give anything away but Maureen Johnson did an awesome job of having a supernatural/real world mix!

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this novel! I loved it and I can't wait for the sequel!!

My Rating: Five out of Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. GREAT review!! I so can't wait to read this one! Hearing many good things about it! Have added it to my bday/xmas list! Hopefully I'll have my TBR pile under better control by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this book now, so I was nervous reading your review at first! I'm so glad that you liked it. I'm loving what I've read so far and can't wait to figure out who the Ripper copycat is! (I'm at the part where everyone is anticipating the double murder...agggh so good).

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!