Monday, October 31, 2011

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber Review

Thanks to Sourcebooks Fire and Netgalley for giving me an ARC copy of this book!

Name: Darker Still
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: November 8th, 2011
320 pages


The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.
-Goodreads

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book!! Once I started it, I did not want to put it down!
When I first heard about this book, I was enamored with the cover! It's gorgeous!
I also thought the plot summary was very interesting. It sounded very different from other paranormal romance books that I have read so I was very excited to give this a shot!

One of the best parts about this book was the plot! It was very unique and I really enjoyed being in the world of 1880s New York City!
I also really liked the main character Natalie! It was interesting to see her change throughout the novel and I really enjoyed watching her progress as a character.

Overall, I highly recommend this book! It was just the right mix of paranormal and romance and I hope you all like it as much as I did!

My Rating: Five out of Five Stars

3 comments:

  1. This book looks really cool! Like you, I find the idea of a book set in 1880s New York pretty exciting. Great review!

    (I'm a new follower, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this to come out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good!! Thx for reviewing! I'm a new GFC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!