Saturday, October 15, 2011

After the Party by Lisa Jewell Review

Name: After the Party
Publisher: Century
Release Date: April 15th, 2010
437 Pages

It's eleven years since Jem Catterick and Ralph McLeary first got together. They thought it would be for ever, that they'd found their happy ending. As everyone agreed, they were the perfect couple. Then two became four, a flat became a house. Romantic nights out became sleepless nights in. And they soon found that life wasn't quite so simple.-Goodreads


My Review:
Sorry for the lack of posts everyone! Senior year has been super busy! I am almost down with a few books so be on the lookout for more reviews this week!

Anyways, I really enjoyed this novel! I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book. At first, I thought it would be the retelling of how Jem and Ralph got together, but instead it was about how they fell out of love and how they worked together through their problems.

The one thing that I didn't love about this novel was that it was really long and it seems so dragged out. But otherwise the plot was very unique from other contemporary novels that I read and I really enjoyed it!

Overall, I highly recommend giving this book a shot!

My Rating: Four out of Five stars

1 comment:

  1. ah, sorry this seemed to drag. Seems kinda interesting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!