Monday, September 19, 2011

The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood, The Duchess Of Northumberland Review

Name: The Poison Diaries
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: July 20th, 2010
288 pages



In the right dose, everything is a poison. Even love . . .

Jessamine Luxton has lived all her sixteen years in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle, with little company apart from the plants in her garden. Her father, Thomas, a feared and respected apothecary, has taught her much about the incredible powers of plants: that even the most innocent-looking weed can cure -- or kill.

When Jessamine begins to fall in love with a mysterious boy who claims to communicate with plants, she is drawn into the dangerous world of the poison garden in a way she never could have imagined . . .
-Goodreads

My Review:
Overall, this was a pretty good book! Their were moments that I really enjoyed but their were some moments that I did not really like.
One of the first things that I liked about this book was the setting! I really liked seeing how people lived in early 19th century England!
I also really liked seeing the relationship between Jessamine and Weed (the mysterious boy she meets). It was nice seeing their relationship progress through the novel.
One of the things that I did not really like was the plot twist towards the end of the novel. I felt that this part was unnecessary and I wished that this part was not included in the novel.

Anyways, I still really enjoyed this novel and I am looking forward to reading the second book in this series. I recommend that you all give this one a shot!

My Rating: Three out of Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. Nice cover. I've heard of the Poison Diary before. Good to see it has gotten a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really sound different. I would like to read this one. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!