Monday, July 4, 2011

Lure by Stephanie Jenkins (Siren's Call # 1)

Name: Lure by Stephanie Jenkins
Published: March 31st, 2011


Charlotte Brewer is sure she's crazy when she hears singing drifting from the ocean-normal people don't have arias playing on repeat in their head. When she gets wasted at a party and investigates the ethereal tune, she almost drowns. Charlotte comes to with an overwhelming thirst for salt water, a new desire to eat fish, and a heartbeat of only seven beats a minute. She wakes up by the sea almost every day and dead men wash up hours later.

But then Charlotte meets Lorelei, a siren. Lorelei reveals she saved her from drowning with the "Siren's Kiss"-a curse that made Charlotte a soulless immortal. Her role as a siren is simple: guide the souls of the dead at sea. Too bad taking care of the dead means being stuck in the middle of a war between a fertility goddess and the sirens . . . and losing her soul. If Charlotte wants to regain her mortality, she must find love with a mortal. And if she fails to secure it, she risks becoming a puppet to the gods
- Goodreads

My Review:

I actually stumbled upon this book a few days ago on my kindle and decided to check it out. I am so glad that I did!!
I am really into the whole siren, mermaid book trend right now and this book is definitely one to check out!

The first thing that caught my eye about this book was the cover. The colors, the girl on the rock, whats not to love about it?

One of the coolest parts of this book was that it blended different myths together. It had the siren myth in it but it also incorporated Greek mythology which was really interesting to see.

I also really liked the relationship between the main character Charlotte and Wyatt. Charlotte is a really feisty character and is really strong willed and I loved seeing her react with Wyatt who was totally different then Charlotte.

Overall, this is a great summer read and everyone should check it out. I can't wait to see what the sequel has in store for us! I know this book is available on Ebook readers such as the kindle and the nook, but if you don't own one of these devices it still available online to read!

My Rating:
Five out of Five Stars

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if anything is going to be coming out soon since the author is a scam artist and has been caught!

    http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2011/07/06/woman-charged-with-six-more-counts-of-theft-after-victims-bilked-out-of-thousands-of-dollars-in-house-rental-scheme/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the update! I had no idea that this was happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this sucks I was looking forward to submerged so badly....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I love reading all comments and they really do make my day!